What can be more delicious and satisfying than having some salt and pepper sprinkled on baked potatoes? Probably, baked potatoes can be one of your favorite snacks. The outer crispy crust and the inside soft part makes baked potatoes a great snack. Making this snack is an easy task, but many don’t know the fast way to do it. So, how to make a baked potato in the oven fast?
Making a baked potato in the oven is an easy and fast process, which will provide you with instant snacks to ease your hunger. This article will let you know that fast recipe of baked potato that you need right now.
So let’s get started!
How to make a baked potato in the oven fast?
Here is all you need to know about making baked potatoes in the oven fast:
The Type of Potato You Need:
Russet potatoes are ideal for baking because of their thick exterior and starchy, fluffy interior. Russets are typically also huge. One potato per person makes an excellent side dish or main entrée.
Under running water, thoroughly clean the potatoes. Leave the waxy potatoes to be cut in half and roasted with rosemary.
Other Ingredients You Need:
- 4 Russet Potatoes, Scrubbed
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Firstly, ensure to properly scrub the potatoes.
- Now preheat the oven to 450° F.
- After this, slice the potatoes in half for a faster baking process.
- Toss the potatoes with a fork and pierce them on all sides. Toss with a little oil and a healthy dose of salt & pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or an oven-safe rack fitted into a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are readily penetrated with a fork.
- Check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer to make sure they’re properly cooked; it should be between 200° and 205°.
The method of cutting potatoes in half, actually helps in faster baking. If not done, the process will easily take 50-60 minutes.
What is the quickest way to make baked potatoes?
There is another way of cooking baked potatoes, which is quickest of all methods. So you can try that method too. Here is all the ingredients you need and the steps of cooking:
- Russet Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Kosher Salt
- To begin, set the temperature of the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The potatoes should be scrubbed with a brush and then dried.
- Using a fork, pierce each potato once through the middle and once again on its other side. As the potato cooks, the steam will be able to escape.
- Microwave the potatoes on high for up to two potatoes for 5 to 6 minutes, and for four potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave and place them on a baking sheet.
- Make sure the potatoes are evenly coated with extra virgin olive oil by drizzling it over them and smearing it around.
- Now, put black pepper and black salt on the potatoes.
- Directly place the potatoes on the center oven rack. Bake the potatoes for approximately 30 minutes.
- Take the roasted potatoes out of the oven. Open them up and serve with your preferred condiments.
How to make a baked potato in the oven with foil fast?
If you like baked potatoes which have moisture and soft skin, then you should try the baked potato in oven wrapped in foil method.This is a specific method for having soft and moisturized baked potatoes. Here is the process of making baked potatoes in the oven with foil fast:
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub and dry the potatoes with paper towels.
- Two times with a fork, puncture the potatoes to allow steam to escape.
- Add salt and olive oil to the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes on a baking pan and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Bake the potatoes in foil-wrapped pans for one hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
You will have soft baked potatoes with moisture inside them.
How long to bake a potato?
If you are just using the oven, then you will need to place the potatoes for at least 30-40 minutes. If you are baking more than 4 potatoes, then you may need to place them for more than 50 minutes.
On the other hand, if you are taking a quicker approach and use the microwave for around minutes, then you need to bake them in the oven for only 10-12 minutes.
How long to bake a potato at 350?
If you are making baked potatoes at 350 F, then you need to give between 60-75 minutes for the potatoes to bake completely. Generally, it is advised to bake potatoes at 450 F, and at that temperature it takes 50-60 minutes. So it is obvious the potatoes will take 60-75 minutes.
You can then try a fork to check the potatoes if it is baked on the inside or not.
So these were three different recipes of how to make a baked potato in the oven fast. Now, you can try any of them. However, the one that involves microwaving first is the fastest. For getting a soft inside baked potato try the foil method.
We hope this article was helpful & informative. Please leave your valuable thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!